Splitsville: Coping with Separation & Divorce
Coping With Separation and Divorce
Teach kids six skills to help them deal with their parents splitting up.
Children are faced with many challenges when their parents separate or divorce.
This upbeat game uses ice cream sundae toppings to teach six important skills kids need to successfully navigate parental separation. A deck of cards with prompts accompanies each topping:
- Bendable Banana teaches the importance of flexibility to help adjust to the rules, routines, and expectations of different households
- Cool Down Ice Cream introduces calming techniques
- Ooey Gooey Feelings offers healthy ways to manage upset feelings
- Rainbow Sprinkles reminds players to focus on positive thoughts, feelings, people, and events
- Nutty Nuts encourages open communication if setbacks occur
- Cheerful Cherry promotes an optimistic attitude about the future
Seven road signs, each with a positive poem, are included to boost confidence and create a positive tone to the game.Splitsville teaches children important coping skills in a fun, lighthearted way and can be played in 25 to 50 minutes. For 2 to 5 players.
Includes Rules; Facilitator’s Guide; 6 Decks of Cards; 7 Road Signs with Stands; 5 Sundae Cards; and a Bag of Sundae Toppings (5 of Each Topping)