You Decide About Teasing & Bullying Book & Workbook with CD
- Follow Gillie as she decides between being a bully and standing up for victims
- Teach children 12 techniques to cope with significant loss
- Includes CD for easy reproduction of handouts
- Ages: 7-10
Margaret and some of her friends decide to form a teasing club at school. One friend, Gillie, is faced with decisions about staying in the club or protecting the victims of Margaret's meanness. As Gillie faces twelve different decisions, she must make one of three choices, and each choice will lead to a different outcome. Gillie's good choices result in positive feedback from others and a better understanding of her problems, but her poor choices only cause more problems. 48-pages, spiral-bound.
The workbook, written by Lawrence E. Shapiro, Ph.D., is designed to help children learn twelve techniques to better cope with teasing and bullying. The techniques in this workbook will not only help children deal with teasing and bullying but will also help them develop social skills that will lead to better friendships. There is no right or wrong way to use this workbook, as long as you respect the right of children to understand and cope with their problems at their own pace. 66-pages, spiral-bound, includes CD.
Each activity consists of five parts:
- An explanation of the technique
- An opportunity to practice the technique
- A fill-in-the-blank story about the technique
- An activity to create positive thoughts
- An art activity that helps reinforce the technique by stimulating a child's imagination