Kelso In Action 4th Edition
Short, true-to-life vignettes help students see how kids just like them use Kelso's Choices to solve everyday problems.
The DVD is presented in two separate sections: - Grades K-3 hosted by Kelso himself using Kelso's Choice Wheel - Grades 4-5 hosted by a young teen using the brand new K.C.'s Wheel - a more developmentally appropriate wheel for pre-teens
Each section presents five different opportunities for kids to see KELSO IN ACTION.
1. One Problem, Two Solutions: Two friends solve the same conflict, but in different ways.
2. When the First Way Doesn't Work: If your first choice doesn't work, try something different.
3. Big Problems: Big problems need the attention of an adult
4. When You Try and Try: Not all conflicts can be resolved
5. What Would You Do?: Offers viewers the chance to solve conflict Descriptions of scenarios included in this DVD: Grades K-3 hosted by Kelso himself using choices from Kelso s Choice Wheel
Scenario 1: Small Problem Four children are playing four square and one child keeps changing the rules
Scenario 2: Small Problem A girl continues to borrow her neighbor s class supplies without asking, and returns them in poor shape
Scenario 3: Small Problem A boy is finishing his class project when two girls accidentally bump into it and cause it to fall on the floor
Scenario 4: Big Problem Two children play Frisbee near a group of older kids. When the Frisbee accidentally hits an older boy, he threatens the younger kids.
Scenario 5: Big Problem Children play ball and accidentally hit the ball into the street. Grades 4-5 hosted by a young teen using choices from K.C.'S Wheel.
Scenario 1: Minor Problem A group of boys always joke with each other, but a continuing joke is hurtful and really bothersome to one of the boys
Scenario 2: Minor Problem A group of girls have formed a band, but two of the girls want to be the singer and have different ideas on which genre to play
Scenario 3: Minor Problem A boy gets a new pair of white shoes, and his friend marks them as a joke
Scenario 4: Serious Problem Two girls get in a fight. One of the girls retaliates by posting hurtful rumors on her social networking page
Scenario 5: Serious Problem During lunch time a girl throws away her lunch, and instead drinks an energy drink. She asks her friend to not tell anyone.